In efforts to be more transparent and better represent our community, we would like to share our board meeting notes each month. In hopes with anyone who is interested can get involved, share critiques, state concerns, and more.
Please reach out to us on social media or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark not in attendance for the meeting.
Student Confluence Event
Kyuha gave an update for the event planning of student confluence event.
- Education committee reaching out to schools for student participation
- Volunteers assisting with creation of event branding and identity
- Creation of event website in progress
- Board discussion of how to promote event and shared thoughts on event logistics
Laurel shared a presentation for a session about the chapter’s strategic goals and alignment for 2021.
- Discussion on how we can carry out our mission with our current team and not get burnout
- Focus on events and initiatives we are passionate about as individuals. Add more items once the team grows.
- If we cannot carry out event or initiative, we should provide support to others who are
- Recruit and onboard to add new perspectives and skills to the board
- Implementing governance policies for proper non profit structure
Laurel shared a presentation on governance items shared by National.
- As a non profit, we have to follow certain policy and procedures
- Implementing certain procedures will help future board members
- Slowly implement new procedures and improve current ones
- Laurel will share governance knowledge to the board for transparency efforts
General update about recruitment and board vote for volunteer postings.
- Some interest in the Treasurer role and communications team
- Emily and Laurel have conducted a few interviews with candidates
- Recruitment team wanting to spend money on volunteer postings to reach out to different audiences
- Postings platforms include: Linkedin, NextPittsburgh, Facebook
- Idea presented to budget/spend $1,000.00 for recruitment efforts
Laurel motioned, Erin second. No abstentions. No Nays.
Spending amount approved!