In efforts to be more transparent and better represent our community, we would like to share our board meeting notes each month. In hopes with anyone who is interested can get involved, share critiques, state concerns, and more.
Please reach out to us on social media or email at email@example.com.
All board members in attendance.
Board vote and update on board roster and recruitment.
- Earlier in the month, the board voted on adding Kyuha Shim as an Education Co-Director on the board of directors.
- Laurel motioned to vote. Emily seconded. No nays or abstenstions.
- Michael Artman will be stepping down from his role as Education Co-Director.
- Sarah and Michael agreed to help with knowledge transfer and transition for new education board members.
Leadership Retreat and Conference
Board members shared their experiences and what they learned from attending the national Leadership Retreat and AIGA Design Conference.
- Some topics covered during the Leadership Retreat included: Anti-Bias Training, Non-profit Governance, and the People Side of Business.
- Board is excited to review recordings and see how these trainings can be implemented into the board structure and policies.
- Many board members were impressed by the virtual setup of the Design Conference. Many diverse topics and diverse speakers.
Action Items Review
Board discussion around progress of action items.
- Laurel and Mark met about recruitment strategy. Have some content ideas and some visual ideas with video, gifs, and audio.
- Plan to use organic social media posts and Mailchimp campaigns.
- Jon started working on board member onboarding kit. Will share to get some feedback.
- Whole board participated in a working session for creating content for the website.
- Emily, Erin, and Lindsay will try to continue writing and editing the content.
Board ended the meeting with a discussion of non-agenda items.
- What are other chapters doing during this time? Many virtual events: https://www.aiga.org/events/?year=2020&month=11&type=&chapter=.
- Should we have a December board meeting? If we do, how should we use our time?
- Plan to spend the first half of the meeting as productive with a session for ideating virtual events for next year. Second half of the meeting to be more casual with a fun, celebratory activity.