InProgress is a new free meetup group for design students and emerging professionals. The premise of the meetup is simple: each attendee should plan to bring a single in-progress work for which they’d like to receive critical feedback in a casual, group setting.
The program is geared towards junior- and senior-level undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals with 0-3 years of experience, but is open to all, regardless of design discipline. Participants will gain valuable experience practicing design communication skills, including: discussing and pitching their own work to others; absorbing and implementing design criticism; and offering their own valuable insight to peers.
When and where?
Thursday, October 10, 6:00 p.m.
Robots & Pencils, 2818 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(in the Strip District)
Professionals in attendance:
Chrissy Pipetti, Senior UX/UI Designer, Robots & Pencils
Sarah Davis, Assistant Professor of Visual Communication Design, West Liberty University
Michael Artman, Art Director, Landesberg Design
Benny Pinto, Senior Visual Designer, BarkleyREI
plus more to be announced...
- Design work may be from any creative discipline, and may be at any stage in the design process — anything from preliminary sketches to nearly final design is welcome to be shared and presented for feedback and criticism.
- Each event will be attended by at least one AIGA Pittsburgh board member, or another experienced design professional who will help lead the discussion.
- Depending on attendance each month, projects may be discussed by the entire group, or smaller break-out groups.
- We will try to discuss every single project each month as time allows, but cannot guarantee all projects will be presented. If we do not get to your project, you will be first in line for the next month’s meet up.
- InProgress will be held at various design firms throughout the region. If you do not have the ability to come to downtown Pittsburgh, contact us and we will try to plan a future event in your local area.
- AIGA Pittsburgh is dedicated to inclusive dialogue and fostering a comfortable, safe environment for all. While honesty and open-dialogue are strongly encouraged, participants are asked to share only constructive criticism. Derogatory or disparaging comments will not be tolerated.
InProgress is free and open to the public.
Space is limited to 12 attendees.