InProgress is a new monthly meetup group for design students and emerging professionals. The program is geared towards junior- and senior-level undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals with 0-3 years of experience, but is open to all. The premise of the meetup is simple: each attendee should plan to bring a single in-progress work for which they’d like to receive critical group feedback. Participants will gain valuable experience practicing design communication skills, including: discussing and pitching their own work to others; absorbing and implementing design criticism; and offering their own valuable insight to peers.
When and where?
Thursday, February 7, 6:00 p.m.
Landesberg Design, 1219 Bingham Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Free street parking is generally available nearby, and a paid public parking lot is accessible across the street from Landesberg Design.
- Each event will be attended by at least one AIGA Pittsburgh board member, or another experienced design professional who will help lead the discussion.
- Depending on attendance each month, projects may be discussed by the entire group, or smaller break-out groups.
- We will try to discuss every single project each month as time allows, but cannot guarantee all projects will be presented. If we do not get to your project, you will be first in line for the next month’s meet up.
- InProgress will be held at various design firms throughout the region. If you do not have the ability to come to downtown Pittsburgh, contact us and we will try to plan a future event in your local area.
- AIGA Pittsburgh is dedicated to inclusive dialogue and fostering a comfortable, safe environment for all. While honesty and open-dialogue are strongly encouraged, participants are asked to share only constructive criticism. Derogatory or disparaging comments will not be tolerated.
InProgress is free and open to the public.
Space is limited to 12 attendees.