AIGA Pittsburgh, Workshop PGH, and Ace Hotel Pittsburgh are partnering to host a printmaking party this holiday season. We're asking local artists, illustrators, creatives, and graphic designers to submit original, holiday-related designs. We'll turn the submissions into screens and invite the local community to attend party at the Ace Hotel to screen-print the artwork on a variety of items, like posters, greeting cards, wrapping paper, notebooks, koozies, and tote bags. Party printers will take home their creations. There will also be ways to donate printed items to bring some holiday cheer to local organizations.
Please submit your original holiday designs to Kelly@workshopsf.org by midnight on Sunday, November 18:
- Images must be sent in .psd, .jpeg, or .tiff formats and be one color (black or grayscale).
- Resolution must be at least 300 dpi. Google drive, Dropbox, or any file sharing system is welcome if it's too large to email.
- Images should be sized to fit an 8x10 piece of paper, landscape or portrait.
- For the sake of easy printing for beginners, bold lines and fonts are appreciated.
- Please email Kelly from Workshop with any questions on designs, sizing, etc. She will be converting the artwork and making the screens for printing.
All submissions are considered a voluntary contribution. Creators will be credited at the event and will be featured on various social media outlets, similar to an art show. Artwork will not be produced or sold outside of the event without permission from the creators. Proceeds from ticket sales will be used to cover event costs—screens, items to print on, etc. Any small profit beyond that will be contributed to a local charitable organization.
Learn more about Season's Printings and register to attend on the event page.